Re: Lift install

>   It is now finished, and on the advice of John Comer, I didn't install
>the 1" lowering blocks on the passenger side. Not a good idea. I now sit
>1" low on the drivers side. I think it will stay that way until I go buy
>new u-bolts to replace the ones I'll have to take off to put the block
>in. So, MIKE, put the block back in.

Well...

I can't really tell if my Scout sits level or not (haven't had it on a level
recently to check).. I *can* attest that, with the 4" Skyjacker and the
factory spacer blocks (not 1", I think it's 1/2"), my *31*s would rub on the
passenger side, and not he driver's.  I made the mistake of clearancing the
passenger side because of this and did a lot more clearancing than I
should.. ugly mess now with mud coming in through a large hole I
"clearanced" right through the fender into the bed!

I removed the *rear* spacer, and I now have equal rubbing on both sides in
the back w/ my 33s.  The front spacer is still in place - I'm just too lazy.

>  Also, someone was asking a while back about removing the urethane
>bushings. I replaced the two I had on the front frame mounts. It was
>fairly easy. I drove the sleave out with a screwdiver, then drove the
>one half out from the inside with the screw driver. This was a little
>difficult because of the angles, but it finally came out and the other
>side then popped right out. It was easy.

A *lot* easier than getting the factory rubber bushings out I bet!

Another good way of getting the bushings out... remove the nuts and one side
of your spring shackle, then go fourwheeling.  Alternatively, just see to it
the shackle bolts loosen up and fall out while wheelin', and Murphy will
take care of the rest...

I don't know if it works every time, but it did for me... one half of my
brand new poly bushing fell out... and I have no idea where on the trail
this happened, but I paid $3 for one half of the bushing...

Note that the truck rode just fine w/ only half of the bushing in place, and
I didn't let such a minor problem stop me from doing some hard fourwheeling
the next day.  :-)

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout