black sunday

binders,
I'm sure we have all had them and today was mine (not the first, not the
last).
With all the parts in hand I started to do the remote solenoid install.
First dark moment came when I turned the  steering wheel hard left (to
make access to the starter better), shut the engine off, and noticed as
I walked around the Scout that some power steering fluid had leaked out
of the hose coupling. This is the first time I have seen my PS hose
leak, add it to list.
Went ahead with the solenoid install, went well, turned the key and the
truck started just fine. After a few seconds (15-20)
I turned the truck off.....and heard some thing pouring onto the
driveway. First thought was that the PS hose had given in,
no such luck... that's motor oil pouring out of the front of the
tranny/rear of the engine.
Rear Main seal? that's my thought but if anyone can think of something
less sinister please let me know.
Now to spend part of my Sunday cleaning up about a quart of Black oil on
the driveway.
At least its sitting in the drive way and not out in the Desert.

Willy
SS II
expressing dark fluids