Re: Rod @ Giddum's Comments

>more linux: i have a 486/33 in the other room running Linux (RedHat version
>5.1) that is still serving a useful life. in the windows world, it'd be a
>doorstop or an anchor today...

Or, as may be the case on a few proprietary old 386s that have fallen into
my hands (hey, even I can't do much with a PS/2 386-16 w/ 4 megs and an ESDI
20mb hard drive, ok!)....

The choices around my household are:

Doorstop, anchor, or clean up that metal case and turn it into a floorpan
for the Scout!

The internals of the metal case may be useful as I practice perfecting my
welding technique...

Even my mother understands this.  When the computer guy at her office asked
if I could find a use for a pile of old 386s & 486s, she replied, "He'll
probably put Linux on them and turn them into servers... or, worst case,
he'll cut 'em up for scrap metal to use on his Scout"...

And that was BEFORE I told her that's what I was going to do.  Am I really
that predictable?

New life for your used computers - Scout II patch panels.

Boat anchors are passe.

-Tom