Re: Rod @ Giddum's Comments

>I have to agree with Ralph here. While I haven't bought any Scout things
>over the net, I prefer to call SSS personally, I will buy things on line
>before I'll go out and buy them. I will buy things from SSS on line
>before calling around to others on the phone.

Ditto.  I order all of my computer parts this way.  I have two or three
vendors I deal with via the Internet... 3am, I want a new K6-200 chip, I
bring up Netscape, his the secure server, punch in my credit card
information, and say "Send it to me!"

One vendor even lists how much it'll cost to send UPS Ground, UPS 3day, UPS
2day, Fedex, and I can pick which one right there.

Beats using the phone!  But then, I'm a geek.

I use Scout MADness and AnythingScout's web pages to get an idea on what
it's going to cost me... Anything's received some business via email (my
twin stick shifters).. the rest seems to have gone to Rod... he's closer
than SSS, so shipping is cheaper and faster.. and his prices have always
been pretty good.

I like Giddum Up... I'm hoping Rod didn't just shoot himself in the foot..

I guess we need a vendor to have a fully on-line ordering system... time for
me to put down my air ratchet and grease rags and get back to the keyboard
and do some coding... I already have someone needing their website revamped...

Scout or PC... Scout or PC... drat it all.

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
Bonafide Computer Geek, part-time wrench turner