RE: Re: Vapor lock

John says::
> The problem is typically more
> pronounced at idle and low vehicle / engine speeds, because the volume of
> fuel required by the engine is small and therefore the volume being pumped

The monster started lean-misfiring at 70mph climbing a big hill.  When I dived off the exit, it started running fine again.  So I stupidly tried to get back on again, and died there.

> I suppose this is possible if the fuel
> line got *really* hot when routed next to an exhaust manifold or tube.

The thing is, I always liked the way the light trucks run the fuel line as directly and immediately away from the motor as possible.... hey...Now I'm wondering- D'ya think I might be wrong (we all know know what kind of crap this durn newfangled Internet spreads around <g>)... mebbie there's SOMETHING in my fuel tank??  And it floated away from the intake after sitting awhile?? Hmmmm...

Crap, I HATE dropping gas tanks more than about anything.

Here's something amazing:  I got the impression on the way home that the damn T'llete kicks almost as hard at 50mph when you jump on it as my mom's '67 Cougar (unsmogged 302 2bbl, auto, exc condition).    Not saying it wouldn't be outrun in general, but still pretty damn impressive- course that also says alot (not good) about auto trannies.

Not that I'm representing myself as an expert: