RE: Ray Bradbury "Farenheit 451

> Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 19:25:30 -0400
> From: "Shubin, Pete" <PShubin@domain.elided>
> Subject: RE: Ray Bradbury "Farenheit 451"
>
> I was going to mention this information but you beat me to it.  I'm
> surprised that a story that describes a society where unintentional fires no
> longer exist and the term "fireman" refers to a member of the government
> organization that goes around burning books is not well known by everyone on
> the IH digest with the social and political ideas often presented here.  IH
> related of course.
>
> If Ray Bradbury were alive he would drive an IH.

If memory serves me correctly, Ray Bradbury did not drive.

According to John Huston's [auto]biography - when he and Bradbury were in
Ireland doing the script for Moby Dick, Huston would drive and Bradbury
was terrified whenever Huston drove over 45 MPH.  However, it may have
well been that any sane person would be terrified by the way Huston drove.

Best Bradbury title, "Something this way wicked comes."

Ted Borck	tborck@domain.elided