Nationals.

Today was the final day of Nationals. We voted, got voted on, hade a
good time and said goodbyes for a while. It really is a happy sad day
for events like this.
   Epp won third place for street modified Terra, Nick Rayer won best
800 and what ever his 800 was classed as, and last but not least, I won
the Ugly Truck award.
   Epp left early because his tailights wern't working and wanted to get
home before dark. So, Matt Palguta took Tom M to the airport after the
awards were handed out.
   Dennis Petterson bought a body tub for $300. It is very good except
for the floor bed. But that is a one piece weld in and doesn't require
anything else.
   Afterwards I hung around to help John Glancy clean up and stuff. I
got to go back to his farm and see the stuff he has there. Really cool!
He has third generation frames stacked up there, the original SSII body
tub that International gave to the soft top designers to make the top
on, some original dies for fenders, lots of other neat stuff. Then I got
to drive his 300 mile 1980 Scout II up the street and back. What a rush.
That truck still smells new after 18 years! I got in and steped on the
pedal and there was actually some stiffness in the pedal! The oil
pressure gauge read at one o'clock on the gauge, no tap in the lifters
at start-up. It was a religious experiance! Realllllllllllllllyyyyyy
CCCCOOOOLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!
  John Glancy, the Comers, the Robinsons, and myself are going to go out
to eat in a few minutes so I'll finish this off. I'll tell more about
today and the rest of the weekend later.

Dan Nees
cookiedan@domain.elided

   1979 Scout II 345, Auto, 3.07's, Trak-Lok. One Ugly and Trusty Truck.
Stacking the deck for the ugly truck competion.

1971 Scout II 304, D30/44, D20, power steering.