This morning's mechanicing

Digesters,

I just put my new power steering hose on and hooked up the belt.
A couple of comments:

The last hose was sold to me by Carquest and it seeped from the day we
put it on there. I probably should have thought about this earlier and
not bought the hose again from CarQuest. Notice I spell it differently
every time figuring I'll get it right one time or another. I tried
looking for Whisler Bearing on the net, but didn't get anywhere. Allan
thought that might be the name of the company that makes good hoses. I'll
pursue that more later.

My engine compartment which had been dry for a year or more, for the
first time in the life of the vehicle with me, is now very damp with
power steering fluid. Not as bad as motor oil, and until it collects dust
makes everything look as if I had Landryesqued it with Armorall.

I put my old ballast resistor is series with the hot lead to my Unilite
so that if I ever have to bypass my MSD, I won't have to worry about
burning out my $300+ distributor. Thanks once again to Darrel for somehow
raising that issue, and saving me from some future grief.

Regards,
John H.