Michael's towing question

Michael,

I have towed a vehicle using a "dolly" before. This is the 2 wheeled
contraption that puts the front wheels of the towed vehicle off the ground.
This is not only safer than a bumper-attached tow bar but allows you to tow a
heavier vehicle than you might be able to tow with a bar.
Trouble with U-Haul is that they will ask you for the specific tow vehicle and
towed vehicle in order to determine the weight ratio and then recommend the
best towing system - tow bar, tow dolly or trailer. They probably have no
information in their computers about IH vehicles so they'll probably want you
to provide the vehicle weights for them.
With your high lifted towed vehicle situation, I'd say the dolly would be the
preferred method - no bumper height match-up problems to worry about.

Roy Ireland
'65 Scout 80
rlireland@domain.elided