Re: ihc-digest V6 #108

>Date: Wed, 09 Sep 1998 20:04:22 -0700
>From: Gordon Groves <ggroves100@domain.elided>
>Subject: Re: R or S series Travelall
>
>I saw one in Hemmings (August issue) it was offered w/ a pick up for
>$2500.00 and its in CO. (they were both S series) supposedly they only
>built around 2000 or so of the R series Travelall so its a rare bird
>.Mine is NOT for sale! good luck , Gordon

just a not about these particular trucks... I went and took a look, I only
live 1hr away.  They are certainly not worth hauling very far (I don't know
anyone who has a 2 car trailer).  The travelall's interior is trash, missing
windos and has rust in the difficult to repair tailgate area.  This guy is
not a collector per say, he has over 50-60 trucks in his woods that he only
advertises through hemmings.  He sells most sight unseen at a very high
profit, (he finds most of the trucks locally here in CO)

The motor on the travelall is apart, he claims it is all there somewhere,
but I think that you are bettter off buying a more complete truck....

Just hope the guy doesn't see this...

Howard
chtucker@domain.elided
64, T'all hell and back with 62' front sheet metal and I better hurry to
switch the cabs cause it is gonna snow
soon