Re: Decal glue removal

In a brilliant stroke of genius, Curt Cleavinger
<curt_cleavinger@domain.elided> blurted out:

>Has anyone found a product that takes the glue off without
>tons of elbow grease?

Did you try Acetone?  It's highly volatile, evaporates quickly and does a
good job on really stubborn adhesives.  Have lots of god ventilation when
you use it.  It's available at hardware stores.

Methyl Ethyl Ketone (MEK) will get it off... but the paint will probably
come off too.  <grin>   Nasty stuff!

John L.

>Thanks!
>
>later,         curt_cleavinger@domain.elided  Louisville, CO
>  Curt         Binder Bunch: http://www.off-road.com/~jweed/binder.htm
>    .===============.   __/  \        __
>    ||             ||  / / ^  \  /\__/  \      __
> []_||_____________||_[]    ^  \/   / ^  \__  /^ \
>  \/-----------------\/  ^ /    \ V    \ /  \/  ^ \
>  ||( )| | | | | |( )|| /    /^\ \ \   /  ^ /   __________
>  | ----------------- |     / ^ \  ^\  /   ____/__|__|____\
> [/>/]             [\<\] '75 Scout II     '75 Travelall 150

jlandry AT halcyon DOT com       |
Conservative Libertarian         |   1976 Red / White / Blue (and rust)
Life Member of the NRA           |  "Bicentennial" IHC Scout II Traveler
WA Arms Collectors               |
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.    |            It's my hobby...
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/  |       It's My wife's nightmare!