Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 09:57:04 -0700
From: Tom Harais <tjhemh@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: Judging and snobs
Tom,
------------------------------

     I'm embarassed to have to ask this, but I'm too lazy to try and read
     the manual.  Okay everyone, here is your chance to shine!  The
     alternator has three wires and a case ground, right?  Maybe it's two
     wires, and a ground wire.  Anyway, what are the wires.  Is the thick
     one out the back the charging wire?  If so, it goes to the ammeter?
     Do I go from the alternator to the dual battery isolater, then to the
     ammeter with the one side,and the second battery with the other side?

     Thanks for any info, and if the thick wire charges, how does it get to
     the battery in the end?

     alt-----ammeter----starter----batt   ?

     thanks,

     -Joel Brodsky

         '76 IHC Scout II 345/tf727 RE8000, Cibie40s, custom
                rear tire rack, 6 different color body panels.
                Not much sport, all utility.
         '75 IHC Travelall 150 4wd 392/tf727 Hummer brush guard,
                3/4T rear springs, Hella Rallye 2000s, Con-Ferr 5x7,
                Class IV hitches front and rear, 3" Exhaust.
                1st Place, Rocky Mountain IH Rendezvous,
                3rd Place, Tulare IH Western Regionals.
         '74 IHC Travelall 150? 2wd 392/tf727 "The 'new' one"
                Factory AM/FM, Cruise, Tilt, AC, Captains Chairs.