Overdrives

I was pondering tow rigs again, and started thinking of the Gear Vendors
overdrive unit.. it's a 2wd box tho'.  I've heard of 'em being installed
on the rear output of a transfer case for use in 2-hi, but not 4wd..

Then I remember, 4wd Travelalls and pickups used divorce mounted NP205s
behind the 727 & T98 (and the T34, T19, etc).

Time to check if GearVendors makes a 727 application...

Tear the 727 down, use the low gear set for better take off with a load.
Put the GearVendor OD behind the 727, but still *in front of* the NP205
(we can do this - just cut the intermediate driveshaft some).

Set the OD up to "split" the 727 gears... and you'd still have an actual
OVERdrive for the highway once you got your load up to speed.

How's that for trick?

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
'72 and '77 Scout IIs