Re: Value of a Scout ?

In a message dated 9/5/98 3:45:36 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
tjhemh@domain.elided writes:

> Cheapest commuter car I ever bought. No smog requirement. Turbo-diesel.
>  100" wheelbase vs my 118" currently.

Here in Tucson AZ diesels are smogged, dynoed at 47-51 MPH !
Also, I found another ID plate in the RH door hinge area, it says that it's
a Scout II and has a 118" WB. The graphic on the rear quarter panel only
says "Scout". Manufactured: 6/25/80

And another thing.....has anyone heard of "Sherman Balch's" Tuff Terrain
frt bumpers? This Scout has one, w/brush guards and headlight guards.
It also has a suspension spring kit and rocker guards from the same
company, looks like a 2 or 3 inch lift to me.

It's notmine yet, but I'm working on it.  :-)

Bill