Value of a Scout ?

A 1980 Scout with a full hardtop and diesel power has been offered
to me and I was wondering what the IHC listers think it's worth.
This Scout has NO rust, fair tires, 50K miles, runs great, has a
4 speed tranny and add-on AC. The paint, brown w/stripes, is
faded some and could use a good buffing. The only body damage
is on the tailgate where someone punched the lock tumbler out.
Overall I'd rate it as being in great shape for it's age.

Would I be crazy to pay $2800 for it? (crazier that usual that is)

Thanks,
Bill