Re: Scout running trouble

> Another good check, throttle plate opening.  The last two used vehicles
I've
> acquired were both failing to open the carb wide open.  Cheap power.
> Dennis Millward

Excellent advice.  Don't know how many folks I've spoken with who have
accelerator pedal levers so badly bent & deformed in their Scout II's that
the throttle was barely opening halfway.  They commonly crack and bend
right at the pivot.

Used to be that these were simply unavailable, and you had to weld it up &
make do as best you could.  Until the "Light Line Distributors" folks
started re-manufacturing them, that is.

Bill Thebert
The Binder Bulletin