Re: Brake problem

Allan:

Take a look at the control switch for that light. It is kind of 'H'
shaped with the switch part in the middle. A pressure difference between
the front or rear system will move the little plastic thing inside the
center of the 'H' forward or back and activate the switch which
activates the light.

What has probably happened is that in your brake work/bleeding, the
plastic switch part is no longer centered. Hence, when you really
pressurize your brakes, there is just enough difference in pressure to
move the switch that last little bit and turn on the light.

The first thing I would do is remove the unit and be sure the switch is
centered. Of course, you'll have a lot of brake bleeding to do after
this. Always bleed from the farthest away (longest line) to the closest
(shortest line) (passenger rear to drivers front usually).

I know I have seen directions for centering this switch before. But, for
the life of me, I can't remember where.

Tom H.