Another Display of Ignorance-Umbrella Seals

Digest-

This will show how tightly I should have kept my mouth shut on the
"cloud of smoke thread":
I thought umbrella seals would be shaped like an upside down umbrella
and would hold a small amount of oil in their concave side or cup to
trickle down through some small orifice into the cylinder.  I did not
realize they were called umbrella seals because they were domed on top
and kept oil out of the cylinder.  Anyone with real knowledge of this,
please enlighten me.

Thanks!

Michael