Re: Umbrella seals

John:

I've had the ubmrella-style seals on my current motor for over 5 years now.
 Had em on the motor I built for my 1980 Traveler as well.  Didn't notice
any "quick death".  Nor did I have the customary smoke at startup.

I realize my rig isn't a daily driver;  but it gets driven quite HARD on
occasion.

Bill Thebert