Teasing Dan

> With that I contend then that I was right inmy statement that the
>>primary circuit in run was only 5Volts and that was to protect the
>>points. The math I had earlyer in the week was faulted because I used my
>>memory, not my written formulas. That is why I carry a copy of 'Ugly's'
>>in my toolbox at work. If it isn't written down somewhere I will forget
>it.
>>   O.K. John, Howard, John, your shot.
>>
>>Dan Nees
>>cookiedan@domain.elided

What's interesting to me Dan, is that you got the same result, but from
different figures and different formulas. I think that if you measured
the voltage on the coil side of most ballast resistors, you'd find that
the average would be considerably higher than 5 volts, due to a number of
factors such as alternator output of 14+ volts, most ballast resistors
having less than 2 ohms resistance, etc. However, the dispute wasn't over
the number "5", but rather the way you arrived at it.

And you can bet your Assie on that, Danny.

Just teasing Dan, be sure to take it as just that.

Regards,
John H.