PB's boiling

John L. says in his Landryesque fashion..

>Like you I've never been able to narrow it down to fuel starvation or
>flooding.  I know for sure the fuel will boil in the carb's float bowls
>after a hot shutdown, but a heat insulating gasket can help (but not
>completely) eliminate this phenomenon.  Those IH manifolds, especially the
>ones with EGR, run damned hot!

PB

It "boils" down to having to fill that bowl back up before trying to
start it, if you are to get a quick start.

Run your test as I described it, PB, and if you find that the problem is
the bowl boiling dry, we'll discuss how you can get around that.

John H.