Re: Scouts in the parking lot

Sigh ... it was almost like the old days: first day of school today at the University of
Montana, after teaching my last class, I got in my Scout to leave the parking lot, one of
the smaller ones on campus, and looked around and saw two other Scouts parked in the same
lot. Mine was just completely reconditioned and repainted two years ago, and looks new,
and one of the other Scouts was in near showroom condition. The third one was in pretty
good shape, but orginal paint, pretty well chipped and faded. But, 18 years after the
last one rolled off the assembly line, it was gratifying to see three of them
accidentally in the same lot, in good shape. Two days ago, I was going down the street
and was honked at by a beautiful lifted, reconditioned Scout, in that "root beer/bronze"
paint scheme that was apparently unique to International Harvester. Seeing Scouts all
over the place. Can't beat the weather either. Best regards, Kim Sol, 1980 Scout II, 345
4bbl, 4" lift, etc.