Re: Linear Current Draw

>You may be consuming just TOO much juice.

I think you are correct.

>In a friend's car, one night, driving home, he had his very loud stereo
>system cranked, his headlight highbeams on, heater, windshield wiper, and
>CB.. when he would key up with his linear on, the car stalled and jerked
>violently (stick shift).  Turning a few accessories off solved the problem..
>
>:-)
>
>What capacity alternator are you running, John, and what RPMs are you at
>when you key up?

65 amp. and tried it at various rpms. I could keep the engine running at
about 3000 RPM

>Where's that dual battery setup at?  Wire the linear to the secondary
>battery that's charged via an isolator... no more problems.

I no longer have an IHC with dual batteries, I just make suggestions to
others on how they should do theirs. Really no excuse these days with the
gel batteries you can put anywhere, but I just haven't gotten around to
it.

>-Tom

Thanks for your input, Tom.
Regards,