Re: mufflers

     I did some e-mailing to  Off-Road Magazine and Four Wheeler magazine
tech questions, to their 'experts'.  They relayed to me that glasspacks
were one of the poorest flowing mufflers in comparison to Dynomax and
Flowmaster.  I have no way of proving any different.
   Let me try to duplicate the question I asked:  Iv'e seen comparisons
of flow between different turbo type mufflers(Ultra Flo, Dynomax) but how
does the flow compare to an open, see through, glass pack.
  They answered glasspacks flow was one of the worst flowing mufflers.
The reasoning is the gas flow swirls and causes more obstruction to the
flow than does the calculated flow tested curves in a turbo type muffler.
     I believed it and so I'm always glad to pass on what I believe to be
true.
By the way I haven't fixed the exhaust on my Scout yet it still has an
Ultra Flow on one side and a glass pack on the other.  I asked the
question to see which way to go.

Rik DesJardin
RikOFWA@domain.elided
77 Traveler:   it doesn't know what stock is.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]