Linear Current Draw

>CC:          John Hofstetter, hofs@domain.elided
>             Tom Harais, tjhemh@domain.elided
>             ihc@domain.elided
>
>It sounds like the amp and EFI are wired in series and there is 10V
>dropped across the amp when you activate it.
>
>Dan Nees
>cookiedan@domain.elided

No, Dan, they aren't wired in series. They and several other small
devices connect to a 10 gauge main supply wire that comes directly from
the battery so in effect they are wired in parallel. Interestingly
enough, at least to me, when I ran a separate 10 gauge supply line to the
amp, disconnecting it from the kind of buss wire mentioned above, keying
the amp still killed the motor, I assume by drawing down the voltage
supplied by the battery.
Thanks for the suggestion, Dan.
John H.