Re: Pumping bubbles

Steve Stegmann wrote:
>Could the bubbles in the clear filter be fuel vapor bubbles from hot gas??
Does it do this in cold weather with cold engine, or just hot?<

Steve,

  Yeah, as a matter of fact, the engine was hot.  And the weather, too.

  I assume "vapor lock" is when it's pumping nothing but bubbles of fuel
vapor?

  The way the gas line is run on the 800's might allow the fuel to be
heated too much.  The line runs up the driver's side inner fender and
across the front of the engine to the fuel pump.

  Speaking of heat, my new Mallory distributor can't be turned to set
timing when the engine has been run long enough to really heat things up
under the hood.  They probably didn't allow enough clearance to account for
the heat expansion of the lower body.  Am I the only one with this problem?
 Sometime when I haven't got anything else to do, I'll take it out and sand
a couple thousand'ths off.

Doug