Michael's problem

>Michael,
>
>You've done so much to your truck that it's impossible to keep up with all
>you've tried, but let me ask this.  Have you checked your fuel delivery?  I
>mean, really checked everything to make sure you're getting proper fuel
>flow when the engine needs it?  Obviously, it needs more when you mash on
>the gas.  No line problems from tank to pump?  From pump to filter?  Do you
>have an in-line filter?  Have you done a fuel pressure check?

Michael,
In addition to the fuel pressure check that my Macintosh-using
school-teacher e-mail friend of mine suggested, you need to do a volume
test. Disconnect the fuel line hopefully leaving it as high or higher
than it is when attached to the carb, run it into a container, crank the
engine for a minute and measure how much fuel was pumped into the
container. Also I would watch the stream from the fuel line to see if air
was being pumped in addition to the gasoline.
John H.