New Jacobs Ign. Module

I know I haven't posted to the digest in a while, so some of you probably
don't even remember who I am???? But, I haven't really had much to say lately.
Been following along and pluggin' away on my Scout. Anyway, goin' for post
number two in a row after perhaps 6 months.

I just read about this new Jacobs "Torquer Team Pack" which I saw the add for
today, and it is allegedly aimed at boosting torque throughout the rpm
spectrum in addition to the better mileage and handling provided by the other
packs. Bored? Well, so was I until the boasted a claimed approx. 20 ft. lb.
increase in your engine, be it 4, 6, or 8 cyl. Damn! You see, I have a 152, so
for example if a muffler or air cleaner mod. claims it'll give you 7 h.p. and
11 ft. lbs. , that's for like a standard Chevy v-8, so the gain if fairly
miniscule on an engine less than half the size. But 20 ft, lbs.!!!!!!!!!
Shit!, Must be some loophole or something. Any ideas? I've been thinking it
might just boost your max torque up at pretty high rpms, and maybe its a dupe
in that it doesn't act through your whole torque curve with such dramatic
gains. I don't know????
Devin Smith
'65 Scout 80