LeMay Car Show

For anyone in the greater Seattle-Tacoma (WA) area, you may be
interested in a car show this weekend.  Once a year, Mr. LeMay
opens his private collection for the public.  Mr. LeMay owns the
biggest garbage collection company in Pierce county.  He also
has been collecting cars, trucks, and everything else on wheels
for more years than I have been alive.  I believe he is nearing 80
or more years now.  Of course, local car clubs help out with this
event.  At last count I heard, he had over 2,000 vehicles
registered in his name, and several hundred more not registered.
Some are restored to showroom new or better, some are in as
found condition.  They date from the late 1800's to present.
The event is from 9-5 on Sat, FREE, at Mr. LeMay's house and
at (former) MaryMount private school (he bought it, and stores
some cars there).  There are free shuttle running between the school
and his house every 10 minutes.  More info is at 253-537-8689.
The Marymount school is near Spanaway, I need to find a map
to get the street.  You can e-mail me with more questions.

How is this IHC related?  Well, he has some IHC's in the collection,
including a fully restored IHC Auto Wagon.  There's a Scout or two,
and some pickups, and some larger trucks.  For anyone that admires
some of the classics, this collection is a must see.  Better than the
old Harrah's collection, IMHO.

Sorry about the bandwidth

Allan Weidenheimer
72 1210 Pickup