Re: New hobbie

>As for the parts it sound like you will need some land to store all these
>beasts.

Hey, we have some land... in town even... ;)  We've had... something like 11
or 12 vehicles and a few trailers (camper, motorcycle trailer, and box
trailer) stored in the backyard before... and we still have PLENTY of
space.. (just not quite so hidden)..

>ah--hem  What might you be doing with that wide ratio...Possibley trading
>for some custom Fabrication work. Alum Diamond plate comes to mind.

<GRIN>

Well, ya see, I've been kinda thinking a little... and... see... that wide
ratio 4spd would give me a 63:1 crawl.. and with a 304, it might not be so
bad with a 3spd and 4.09s & 33s.... then again, Darrel said he likes his
close ratio 4spd with the 304, 4.09s and 33s...

Argh.  Problem would be if I put the 304 in with the close T19, I'll never
switch back to the wide.... OTOH, once I wheel with the wide T19, I may
never see the close again!

And I'm thinking that a close ratio 4spd would make a MUCH better
transmission for a racer... who needs granny gear when you're supposed to be
haulin @$$!??  Arghh...

BTW, anyone have a spare T19 --> Dana 20 adapter lying about?  I'm short
one... and probably rich in Dana 20s.

Hmm.. I think my parts pile will be something like:

3 running Scouts ( 2 street, one race).  Two 304s running, 196 running, 345
to rebuild.  Two T15 3spds, two close ratio T19 4spds, one wide T19 4spd, 3
stock Dana 20s, one Dana 20 w/ Bronco gears & twin stick.. and one left over
Dana 30 front end.

Wow... I'm starting to get to where I want to be!

Tom with a racer... how's that for scary?

Now to find another parts Scout for spare '44 axles for the racer and
drivers... and find a Tracklok for the racer axles...

Woo-hoo!

Hey John - did you know they have races in Spokane a lot?... if I get this
race chassis built, and I can afford to buy the Travelette and a flatbed...
guess who'll be in Spokane a little more often?  :-)

This is crazy....

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
'72 and '77 Scout IIs