My 5 speed tranny transplant

Well, things have ground to a halt temporarily, with the discovery of some
bad cracks in the base of my 5 speed casing.  I'm counting my lucky stars
that I discovered this before actually putting it into the Scout.  It
realllllly pays off to clean up whatever you are bolting in (if it's used)
so you find such little nightmares....
Actually, it explains why when I first got it home and put some oil into
her, i found alot of it on the ground the next day...I originally thought
it was the seals on the P.T.O. covers or maybe the countershaft or idler
covers leaking, but NOW I know for sure...oh well, I just have to go back
and drag another out of my buddy's yard...there was no way to know the
cracks were there with all the muck and dirt covering the unit when I first
got it....
Jason and Maria Colavecchia
1979 IH Scout II,  V304, modifications ongoing
1969 IH 1210D Travelall 3/4 ton, V345,  restoring slowly