Tach, Red-line, etc.

>>I couldn't see very well into the engine
>>compartment, but I followed the cable (with my hand) from >where it went
>>through the fire wall to where it ended:  it was screwed on >(just the
>>way it was screwed on to the back of the tach, and just the >way the
>>mechanical speedo cable screws on to my 1966 Volvo) >"somewhere" (I
>>couldn't see where, remember) at the back of the engine or >the front of
>>the tranny.

>Being as this was a cement truck, could the tach be related to the PTO?
>Dennis who knows little to nothing about PTO's, but thinks it would be
neat to
>have one.

Someone else suggested this, and it seemed plausible to me, at first.
However, then I started thinking about the cement drum spinning 1,000
RPM, or 2,000 RPM (this is a 4K RPM tach), and it started seeming less
plausible.  I think that the 4,000 RPM scale, and the 3,XXX RPM rev limits
on the IHC V-8s (I'm pretty sure the cement truck has an 8), is too much
of a coincidence to be a coincidence....

PB Schechter
'65 Travelall *without* a tach (so far)