Re: Tachometers, red-line, etc.

Morning Digesters,

All the factory mechanical tachs I've seen are driven off the distributor. My
65 Vette was this way. Was the other end of the tach cable just hanging down ?
What was is plugged into ? You need to go back and look at the distributor and
see if there is a place to screw in the cable housing. If so, you'll probably
have to take the distributor and use it. You might have to swap the guts on
the two distributors in order to keep your same timing curve.

This is my simple answer. The long and more detailed answers are on their way,
coming soon to an e-mail box near you. ;-)

STeve - 74 Scout II with the 40 gallon tank, missing lawn chair that the
Fleckster is more than welcome to enjoy, 3rd place in the Bullseye (2 1/4
inches), 3rd place in the RTI test (890), and the Longest Distance Award (841
miles) at the NWBRU