Subject: Painting a Scout

I rattle-canned a '77 SSII that I used to own.  Pull all the trim that
you can, mask the rest, give the old paint a quick wet-sand, and it
should turn out pretty good.  Think I went through about 12 cans total
for a three color camo paint job, and painted the spoke wheels gloss
black...actually used to get a few compliments on it.  If you've got
access to a compressor, build yourself a paint booth out of 2x4's and
plastic, use box fans and furnace filters for ventilation, and you can
get a nice paint job with a moderately priced paint gun and enamel
paint, that'll probably last a little longer than the spray job would.
All just a factor of what you're willing to spend, but either way's
cheaper than $400.
John