Re: Painting a Scout

Alan,

Macco's $400 sounds good.  I had my Travelall exterior painted at Miracle
for $580.
Both places use Nason paint (a division of Dupont) for all but their lowest
grade paint job.

I painted the interior (floor ceiling doors, dash), door jambs, and under
the hood using this Nason paint.  Then I had the shop do the exterior.  This
paint is a three part urethane (3 parts Urethane : 1 part hardener +
accelerant).  The cost was $105 / gallon.  Interior took 1.25 gallons to do
2 coats.  The exterior took the shop 1.25 gallons to do 3 coats.

I used a Binks gun and a 5Hp 20 gallon compressor @ 30psi.  The paint has a
pot life of about 90 minutes.  This paint flows good, yet doesn't produce as
many runs as spray cans. It comes in premixed colors.

I would have done the exterior myself but I ran out of time and energy, and
would not have saved that much, after $200 to rent a booth. Without a spray
booth I was doing some rework for insects landing on the interior parts.

Good Luck,
David Brown '73 1010 Travelall 392/727