Re: pink slip needed

Darren:

That out of state "air pollution impact fee" for a 49 state vehicle is
$300.

And, I'm sorry to say, you might have more problems than you think with
this missing VIN. When you go to register it, the DMV will be looking
for two VINs on the vehicle. If they don't match, big problem. If they
can't find one, they send you to a CHP weigh station to have them look
it over.

In your case, they'll be checking the VIN on the motor against the plate
and if they don't match, oh boy!

BTDT.

Tom H.

P.S. By the way, I don't like "big brother" but the laws about VIN
plates and numbers are meant to put a dent in the market for stolen
cars. Are you sure it's not stolen? Anytime someone tries to sell you a
car without a VIN, you should be very suspicious.