WM tailgates

To get a little technical, WM have their "own" tailgate, which could be really annoying if somebody ever rear-ends me.

It's basically a Travelall tailgate, and an inspired bodyshop man could fake it pretty closely.  The difference is that they didn't punch out the key hole, and they made a steel "cap" that was welded over the slot for the window itself.

It also lacks the two little holes for the Travellall emblem... AFAIK they never got around to making a Wagonmaster emblem. In fact, I have no idea how you would ever know it was called a WM.  Even the owner's manual that came with my truck doesn't say WM anywhere... and I'm sure it's the original. They eventually coughed up a T'all manual with "Wagonmaster" also listed on the front- I scored one at the Nat's.

I compared it to the regular one, and all they apparently had done was substitute the word "vehicle" wherever it  used to say "Travelall."

Sigh.  I sometimes get the impression that ALL the WM's were basically prototypes! <g>

So don't ever let anyone scrap a WM tailgate, I guess is the point to all this.

**In Use**
'70 1200D 4x4 Travelette 392 4spd
'73 1210 Wagonmaster, 392 auto
**Prepping for Repaint**