T'all brake lights

Hello everyone,

I picked up my new(old)vehicle, '62 Travelall, right now I have it at my
grandparents' storage yard until I can get my uncle to drive the rest of
the way home for me.
Anyway, on the way back to the storage yard my dad was following us and
noticed that one brake light worked sometimes and then the other one
usually when we were turning a corner, I think he said the right one
wasn't working when we turned right and vice-verse on left hand turns.
When I get it home I will start by making sure all the connections are
good.  My question is this,I think it has to do with the turn signal
switch mechanism in the steering column, because it feels a little loose
and sticky in there, and if anyone has had this problem before I was
wondering if I may be on the right track, and if there are any
suggestion of what else it might be?

Gary Ciraulo
<twoblackdiamond@domain.elided>