Cable retractors for "old" T'all tailgate

I need one (well, really two) of the circular spring cable retractors
for my '65 Travelall's tailgate.  I am wondering if (1) they are available
new anywhere (fat chance!); or (2) anyone has a used one around for a
reasonable price.  (I'd also be delighted to hear of any kind of substitute
anyone has managed to cook up....)

These are the springs that retract the cables that support the tailgate
when it is down; they pull the cables into the tailgate when you raise
it, and keep the cables out of the way of the window, when they (the
cables) are inside the tailgate.  I am not sure how common tailgates
were on the older Travelalls--the best local junkyard for IH (that I
have found, at least) has about 6 or so Travelalls, but only 2 have (or,
had) tailgates--the others have a pair of doors.  (Was the tailgate one of
the differences between the "custom" and "non-custom" Travelalls?)

If anyone has a parts T'all with a tailgate in the Front Range area, I'd
be willing to come out and get the spring(s).  (To those who attended the
RMIHR:  I would have been there, too, if it hadn't been for this problem
with my tailgate, that I spend virtually the whole weekend playing with.  I
managed to get everything to work *some of the time*, but really don't like
the idea of having loose metal (cables and springs) banging around in the
vicinity of my tailgate window.  However hard it is to find springs, I
suspect it would be harder to find new glass!)

Thanks in advance.

PB Schechter
pb@domain.elided