304-->392

My '77 has a 304 in it (I thought/was told, it was a 345).  A few pushrods jumped ship and were mangled.  I don't know why it
happened.  Just happened when I started it.  All on one side( pass.) of the engine. Any Ideas?? What damage could I have done to the
engine (more specifically the short block I may get new heads).  I intended to rebuild it, but then I saw a 392 for sale in the
paper.....hmmm....It is from a '73 pickup, does this engine have a EGR valve and the other '77 emissions equip. , or do I have to
get a manifold from say a 345 that has an EGR valve?  Everything else it the same thought right? I know the water pump, etc. are the
same, but will it have the double hump oil pan, or will mine from the 304 fit?

Chris Des Planques
'67 800 196
'77 304(392?)