IH trucks in Nashville, IN

There were a couple IHs advertised in the Binder Bulletin about a week ago.  I
saw them yesterday.  The full size pickup has a '67 grille, but it's supposed
to be titled as a '65.  There's not much there to make it worth dragging home.
The body is rotted away and the front axle has been swapped for something non-
IH.  It's got a 6-lug Dana 60 full-floating rear, a T-18 (I think) and a
straight 6-cylinder.

The truck that should be worth something to someone is the '65 or so Scout 80
Custom.  I don't know much about the early Scouts, but I would bet on this
being an unusual one.  It had a hard plastic dash "pad" that covered the
defroster ducts and extended across the base of the windshield.  The truck is
white with a bright red interior.  It has a full top, bucket seats, rear
bench.  There's carpet in it now, but I don't know if it's original.  If my
memory is correct, it even had red shift knobs.  Aside from the dash pad, the
other thing I'd never seen were the upholstered door panels.  This truck was
relatively plush for a Scout of that era.  It's complete.  The body is rough.
All the upholstery is there but torn badly.  The dash pad is not cracked, but
it has a slight warp.  It's been sitting in a field for a while, but I think
it ran when it was parked there.  The wheel covers are all there.  I think one
of them was pretty beat up, but the others were in nice shape.

The guys name is Paul Caudell.  He has e-mail, but from my experience, the
best way to get in contact with him is to call and leave a message.  His
number is 1-812-988-2330.  He needs to clear these trucks out in a hurry and
wants to sell complete vehicles.  I don't know if he'll sell parts or not, but
I know he doesn't want to.  The good news is, the trucks are not headed to a
crusher.  If nobody buys them, they're headed to a junkyard in Columbus, IN
where they'll be parted out.  He'll sell the complete trucks for the prices
the junkyard owner quoted him.  I don't know what the prices on the trucks
are, but I bought a '66 Impala with a 327 from him at a very reasonable price.

If you're coming through IN for the Nationals and you're interested in these
trucks, give Paul a call right away.  The junkyard should be moving these
trucks out soon unless someone else wants them.  Paul would rather sell to
individuals who need the trucks for parts or want to restore them.

Jerry Muncie