RE: RE: RE: Travelall Shocks

> Just confirmed I have a 1010 (it is stated on the line setting ticket).
Great truck, but fresh suspension parts are a big problem.

> vehicles but that 1000 series use "Gabriel Classics".  Three weeks wait if
Those are the ones I have.  They're a little soft, like I said, and a boring
black color.  But they're gas charged.

> I think the versions with leaf springs in the front use a shock with a ring
> on at least one end, whereas my 1010 with coil springs uses the rare type
> with pins (threaded rod) on both ends.
Absolutely correct.

> Any ideas?
It's a big truck with a lot of room in the wheelwell--- it seems
to me that the lower shock bracket could *easily* be modified or
replaced with a bracket that would accept the eye-type
end, if your not fanatical about pure stock accuracy.

This is something best done by a professional welder/fabricator.
But I bet it wouldn't be very much money- do you know anybody?

Then you can either measure your current shock or just open
boxes at a well-stocked auto parts store 'till you find one the
right size with the more standard configuration (or until you get
thrown out!).