1973 Scout II

I found someone selling this and I'm thinking about buying it.  I would
appreciate you guys' opinions as I'm still kind of green about Scouts

1973 Scout II, Auto, 4x4, A/C, 345, 88000 mi, leather & electric seats, roll
bar, luggage rack on top, winch bumper (no winch), front fender flares, step
rails, some rustholes in the tailgate, rust in spots on the top all around
where the top meets the truck,  rust on lower window support (b/w door and
engine compartment on driver's side near air grille <whatever it's called
directly in front of the windshield>), driver door has trouble closing,
driver side floorboard looks like it's been fiberglassed under the rusting
metal and finally the typical rust under the doors.

The guy wants $1000.  He says it runs, but has no air filter/housing or
battery, so I haven't heard it yet.  I did notice a good bit of oil
gathering around the oil pan big old oil spots on the concrete below.

Thanks in advance,

Bryan
http://ns.netmcr.com/~gillespie/scout