Tale, Thanks, questions, message for Joel B.

Well up at all hours of the night wendsday I was able to reach Jim
Butterfield. We talked and discussed his need for a trannie days ago. We
set up an emergency deal by 11:30 pm and it was under execution by 8:30 am
thursday morning. I called in to my professor and set up to miss class and
the days assignment, with a make up later in the day. Well at 9 am I drove
2 hours north into Idaho to get a 392 and T-19 for Jim who was leaving from
Portland at the same time. I got his motor and trannie setup and started
the return. The 4 hour trip lasted 6 hours with all the traffic and
construction. I got burnt like a lobster in the 95 degree heat with the top
off (need to get that bikini!!!!). I rolled back into pullman went to the
proffs office and got the work and headed back to my house to wait for Jim
and family.
	I started pulling the clutch peddel setup for him also. Well he rolled in
at 7:30 or so. We unloaded the trannie and 4-speed and put them in the
trailor (U-haul....always have problems). Jim the noticed the divorced
style 4-speed and said it wouldnt work. I was perplexed so I offered him my
adapter plate and bull gear for no charge ( as he wanted to install it that
weekend)until we could find a replacement for me. Jim and his girlfriend
were now a happy customer. We pulled the parts off my 36,000 mile T-19 wide
rockcrawler 4-speed and were set. Jim then noticed that three holes were
missing from the place where the adapter plate bolted on. He asked for
suggestions. I said since everything else was the same I would plug weld
the adapter on and he could gring it off later if needed. He said He would
rather it have holes. I then said I would reduce the price so he could get
a drill and tap them in using the adapter plate as a guide. He said he
wanted an original one that already had holes in it and if he couldnt get
it he would unload the 392 and leave back to Oregon. I was perplexexd?? He
asked about the wide instead and when I informed him of the price he said
he didnt have that much. I was perplexed and didnt want the customer going
away mad and without the stuff they came for.

As we were washing up I told Jim I would give him the T-19 wide to save his
trip and make him and his girlfriend satisfied customers. We agreed on that
and I felt glad that he was finally happy.

So we are looking for a T-19 with similar miles to replace the one I let
Jim have.
T-19 from Scout with adapter and bull gear for a Dana-20, approximatley
36,000 miles and in really nice shape.

Anyone have any leades???

PS I will be either drilling and tapping the holes or possibley tack
welding the "top bolts" so If anyone wants a T-19 closed ( before or after
modifing) I can bring it to NWBRU. Let me know

To everyone who has replied or passed on the good word about Back Country
Binders,

Thanks I can always use the verbal advertisment and recomendations. I will
continue to try to please my customers as well as give you competitive
quotes if not lower on bumpers and fabricated stuff. Send me the specs or
call me Monday thru Saturday and we can talk about it  509 332-7565. Cant
wait to see all the digester at the NWBRU and

SURPRISE I WILL BE AT RMIHR.
I am swinging by Monday for a couple hours while on my way to helping drive
my pastors family to Oklahoma City. I will be in a huge Ryder Van so look
for me. If I can I will bring some of the Digest Stickers if then printer
gets them to me in time.

Questions:
Why didnt the T-19s come with all the holes for the dana 20 adapters??
The numbers on the trannie are T19-148
the tag: TOP 428116-c91
      Bottum 13-09-007

Is it pre Dana 20 and scout 2s??

To Joel Brodskey I will pick you up at the Seattle Airport when are you
getting in?
Not a problem

Hey what did happen to Anything Scout? I missed why they were locking there
gate tuesday morning???

Sincearly
John Fleck
Back Country Binders

Ps I figured you would want a long post instead of another Unimailer
copycat!!

 ------  John L. Fleck  "The Fleckster"      ICQ # 8536313             +
         Phone# 509 332-7565                                           +
         E-MAIL   jlfleck@domain.elided                  GOD bless you  +
                            BACK COUNTRY BINDERS:
                http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~jlfleck/Scout.html
		   1225 N.E. Mcgee Way Pullman, WA. 99163
 For fabrication of your ideas, and speciality scout parts(Stainless,
 Aluminum,  steel...etc)
		    1979 International Scout Traveler:
MOTOR      :345-Holly 2bbl Fuel Injection,Auto,D-20,Headers,MSD ignition,
SUSPENSION :4" Trailmaster lift,2" body lift,3:54 Lockrite,
	    4 wheel Disk brakes,33-9.50-15 BFG Mud T/As, extended Shackles.
CUSTOM MODS:91 Prelude seats,on-board air,Diamond plate Center Console,
	    Custom Bumpers,Stainless steel brushguards, Auto Meter Guages.
   			MEMBER: Northwest Binders