Re: Broken Trottle Cable Teaser

---Tom Mandera <tsm1@domain.elided> wrote:

> WHERE is your MANDATORY roll of Duct Tape?
> DUCT TAPE that throttle cable back together!

Even though I (still) live in the Haight-Ashbury district in San
Francisco and the homeless (on foot and living in vehicles) find duct
tape a valuable commodity, I do keep it behind the seat and did have
it with me but there wasn't anything left of the part of the cable
that sticks through the firewall.
That part is pretty short to start with. The visegrips had been
holding on to just a few strands... so it really didn't break (in two)
it just pulled off the little bit still sticking out of the firewall.
I did try to "lengthen" the cable with duct tape but it would slip off
in one or two pumps.

Rob