MSD Distributor for IH on "Tonto" and Broken Trottle Cable Teaser

If MSD doesn't make a distributor for IH engines, why did Project
Tonto have one. I thought I remember reading and seeing that flat wide
MSD dist. on the 392 in Project Tonto - Willie? Was it custom made?

Rob Kasper

PS Here's one for all the trailside mechanics:
You are in the Target parking lot just before closing and you pump the
gas a couple of times before using your 1/2" socket wrench to jump the
selenoid to start up the Scout as per usual - but - the trottle cable
breaks off and is now too short to grab with the vise grips you had
holding it on (for the last 6 months) without pulling the trottle 2/3
of the way open. What do you do? Remember, no tools cause you don't
have a top and you only have $20. and a flat blade screwdriver. and of
course, the mid sized vise grips and the 1/2" driver with a 3/4"
socket. The screw driver is there cause you need that as the "key" to
the locking gas cap.