Broken scout rear glass (Paul)

Paul,

     Bummer on the incident, but, Never fear, the digest is here!
 The window frames have to come out as a unit and then the glass
can be replaced.  It's easier to replace the whole unit than just
the glass.  Once you remove the inner fiberglass panels, the
rubber window surrounds, are very easy to push out.  Go around
with your thumbs and try to push the rubber over the lip and to
the outside of the truck.  They come out, in under 10 min per
side.  I have a set of sliders I have been waiting to put in,
after I figure out which top I am going to stay with.  These are
really not a big deal and if your truck is as clean as you say,
it should be un-eventful.  On rustier trucks, the surrounds are
held by almost nothing and tend to tear huge chunks of steel out
with them.  If there are signs of rust around the rear windows,
take it very slow.  If you damage the lips that hold the
surround, leaks and hard times await you.  Basically take it
slow, and you'll be fine.  BTW I can find sliders locally for
around $25.  That's for the rubber surround, the alum frame,
slider, and a good latch.  Broken latches are less.

Good Luck!

     -Joel Brodsky

         '76 IHC Scout II 345/tf727
         '75 IHC Travelall 150 4wd 392/tf727
         '72 Chev Carryall 3dr 4wd 350/th350 sold, but not forgotten.