hardtop info

I was wondering if anyone knew some tricks concerning the traveltop on a
Scout II.  What was the original headliner?  Mine has the carboard-esque
material with holes in it like you would hang in your shop to put tools
on.  It does not quite reach all four sides of the top, and was only
hanging on by one bolt and the interior light when I got it.  I took it
down and glued some nice blue material on it that matches the interior
color, but I cannot get it to stay up well enough.  What is the trick?
What kept it up originally?  It is a serious pain to hold the liner over
my head while I try to find the original bolt holes.

Also, I have yet to take off the hardtop.  How much does it weigh?  If I
had a garage I imagine I could rig up some type of strap pully system, but
as it stands, how many guys does it take, and how much of a hassle is it?
Eventually I would like to get rid of the hardtop and go with the kayline,
but Old Man Winter just will not cooperate.

I know there must be some tried and true home remedies out there.

Thanks again,

Bill Wisser