Catching up

>First of all, I'm going to get Steve Stegmann. Before I "met" Steve, I
>didn't even know mold grows on automobiles.

Hey, its not nice to talk about Steve that way!;)

>Tom M said:
>I've been hooking up the ol' Blowgun, and blowing oil (very slowly) over
my
>driveway..

Why waste it, shoot some of it as preservative in your engine compartment,
frame rails rear quarters........

>Steve said:
>As far as the Lincoln stick (nothing wrong with the Lincoln part, just the
>stick part) welder, don't waste your money.  I watch my cousin weld with
>one of these on the farm.  It is like watching nuclear destruction.  This
>is suitable only for bulldozer blades in my opinion.  I know there is
>someone out there who can weld sheet metal with one but I would be willing
>to bet $$ that normal welders can't.  There is a reason that TIG and MIG
>are really the only types used in industry.  The only exception I know of
>is heavy construction welding.

I welded my floors in with a Lincoln stick welder, the main reason I used
such thick steel for the job.  It was tricky keeping it from blowing
through the steel.  I wouldnt do it again.  Used my friends Snap-on wire
feed mig on my door boots (patch panels go up 8" outside, wrap under and up
abput 1" inside), it was a much neater job, nice machine.  But, it would
overheat if you tried to weld frame rails and such (anything much over
3/8"), IMHO stick is ideal for that type of job.

Sorry, just catching up after the weekend,
Layda,
Tark '77 Terra 345/T19/D20