Good new - rust '72

Well, some "good" news on my '72...

I was crawling around under it tonight, and noticed the front body mounts
are NOT shot.. at least, not the FRAME side.  The "body" side of it *is*
rusty.. on both sides.  The channel that rests on the body mount.

The other rust is higher up.. and that's where my Hole comes through into
the cab.

I pulled the flooring back on the inside.. Funny, the body guy that I'm
in court with said the rust was worse than he thought, and he was going
to replace the entire front floor..

Well, upon pulling the matting back, I noticed it was DIRTY (duh).. but
some scraping with a screw driver revealed original Yuma Iridium Yellow
paint, NOT rust.

There *is* rust where the "angle" is in the floor.

Am I right that the floor goes flat, then angles sharply up, but there's
an additional pice of flat metal that "crosses" the angle, so I have
*three* planes?  (flat, firewall, and in-between)

That portion (the in-between) is rusty.

Is my understanding of the body sheet metal correct?

Looks like a lot less sectioning than I had thought I'd have to tackle!
Yippee!

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
'72 and '77 Scout IIs